10/22

10.29.2015

I celebrated my 30th birthday on the island, it was perhaps, a perfect day.  

Denver and I surfed for a few hours in the morning then headed to the northern most point of the island to check out the sights and eat some Tropical Dreams ice cream. The views and the ice cream were just as awesome as I had been led to believe.  While up north and feeling festive, I picked out a handmade mug from a local artisan (Denver grabbed one for himself as well, he knows how to get the most out of any situation) which I'm quite certain has made my morning coffee even better tasting and more eagerly anticipated then before. 

The celebrations started before we left Oregon though (meaning I've stretched out the birthday celebration for almost a entire month now), with a homemade layered cake of my choosing, food and wine pairings at a vineyard in Ashland, and a hand-crafted birthday card being the highlights that come to mind. Everything was simple and so thoughtfully pulled together, I couldn't be more grateful.

So far, being thirty is just fine by me.
     





 
















No comments:

Post a Comment