These Summer Days

6.18.2015



I've been reliving many of my old childhood haunts. Fifteen years later, everything is remarkably the same but somehow less intense. Growth happens so quietly and discreetly it's often overshadowed by it's ever growing big brother of responsibility. Each consecutive project and stage has matched my limits, pushing my patience and strength just a little bit farther then the last. Which is just how it's supposed to be. I've stepped back in time this summer though and suddenly realized I'm stronger then my fourteen year-old-self. The distances seem shorter, the irrigation pipes seem lighter, the chores not quite so arduous.

To be honest, it's kind of fun.

A new project is just around the corner. New problems and challenges await, but for now, for today I'm going to enjoy the ease of the ease of that oh-so-familiar six mile ride down to the lake.   

No comments:

Post a Comment