Tincan and God

2.11.2008

Lord, you have been our dwelling place throughout all generations. Before the mountains were born or you brought forth the earth and the world, from everlasting to everlasting you are God. Psalms 90:1-2.
I was flipping through Powder magazine last night and while the pictures are better then ever, the philosophy on life leaves a little to be desired. A certain article casually mentioned the words "skiing is my religion; the mountain is my church." This hardcore ski mantra reminded me how fortunate I am to be able to worship and serve more then a ski or a mountain. I not only serve the creator of these mountains, but I have a personal relationship with the creator of the mountains. The magnitude of a mountain can give us a peek into God's character "Your righteousness is like the mighty mountains, your justice like the great deep,"-Psalms 36:6. Next time I'm feeling overwhelmed as I gaze up and up to the top of the mountain thinking "I have to climb up that?" Or when the peak seems so far away and my legs seems so weak, I can remember that God's righteousness is even bigger.Look at the snow! We had the best tour up Tincan. Denver got some nice exercise putting in a skin track through all the powder. I decided to be a good wife and cheer him on from behind. We got to make some first tracks off the ridgeline which justified the skinning....well, I guess I should see if Denver thinks so....

1 comment:

  1. thanks for the comment! :)
    its been forever. looks like you guys are loving life in Alaska! looks like a blast! :)

    ReplyDelete